Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Start to Finish: Let's Emboss Metal, Drill and Rivet, Colorize w Alcohol Ink

Start to Finish: Let's Emboss Metal, Drill and Rivet, Colorize w Alcohol Ink Tube. Duration : 18.43 Mins.


In response to many requests, I've taken out the Cuttlebug again to show how to emboss brass blanks....can you say 'brass blanks" three times in a row, fast? I can't! But come on in and I will show you the process of embossing a blank or two with the Cuttlebug, then I will drill it with my big he-man drill, and tube rivet the holes to finish them, and then show you one easy way to colorize the pieces with alcohol ink. Alcohol ink is not my fave way to colorize and I am certain there are newer and better ways to do it than this: but if you have not done it, you will readily see that my method works and is a great starting place! Just to let you know, the pieces I worked on in the video quickly became jewelry the same afternoon. And came out nicely as well! So there is nothing hard here, just need the right tools and a place to work and you will be taking my ideas and improving on them., ALSO DEMONSTRATED: a freehand way to set a tube rivet....I have some renegade ways of doing this that sometimes work, and sometimes don't. You'll have that, and you will see that in the video. I believe in showing you mistakes as well as successes. From our errors come GREAT successes! The materials used in the video are to be found at www.bsueboutiques.com except for the Cuttlebug and the texturizing hammer I used. Need blanks to play with? These SKU numbers from our website should work in the Cuttlebug base01628, brox01732, brox1720 (this is the heart blank I drilled in the video ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.